Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
TheSimpleStories.com ("we", “us” or “our”) is a trading name of The Lincoln Channel Limited, registered in England and Wales whose registered office is The Lincoln Channel Limited, Sovereign House, 22 Shelley Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TU.
Our Data Protection registration number is ZA189528.
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data about you:
2.1 When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe for any services we offer, search for a product, place an order, participate in discussion boards or forums and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information; and
2.2 When you use our Website we get technical information
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
1. Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, location information (depending on your device and its settings), time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2. Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. HOW WILL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU BE USED AND SHARED
We collect information to allow us to:
3.1 Execute an order you have or may place and associated pre- or post- sales order related tasks
We collect the information in order to process your order and deliver it to the correct location, verify your identity and details of your payment method, and to communicate with you regarding your order. Specifically:
(a) We may use the information you give us:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
3. to notify you about changes to our service; and
4. to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(b) We may use the information we collect about you:
1. to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
4. as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
5. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
3.2 If you have Opted-In to receive marketing information
If you opt-in to receiving our marketing emails then we may use this information to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
We may employ the services of third parties to help us in certain areas including delivery of products, delivery and hosting of our Website, payments (including checking the validity of your details to prevent fraud), maintenance and identity checking.
We may transfer any information we have about you in the event of a merger with a third party or upon a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third-party acquirer.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.4 Opting out
If you choose to opt in to receive our marketing emails when registering on or visiting our Website, you will be giving us permission to communicate with you about new products and services, offers and the reminders you may have set in your calendar – you can opt out from receiving these at any time either by unsubscribing via the link at the bottom of our email communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4.1 Category: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember the choices you make while browsing and shopping on our Website, including search parameters and saved designs. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
4.2 Category: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features, such as accessing the basket. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
4.3 Category: Analytical/Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information anonymously on how people use our Website. We use Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight any errors they have encountered so we can improve areas such as navigation, ordering experience and marketing campaigns.
4.4 Category: Targeting/Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google AdWords, which remember the other websites you visit.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your web browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Also, information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note that by deleting our cookies (or blocking future cookies) you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
5. WEB BEACONS
We may use web beacons on our website. These are invisible graphical images also known as single pixel GIFs and can help us understand which pages or parts of pages are accessed.
You can prevent the use of web beacons by setting your browser not to display images but using this setting may affect your ability to access some of our services. Consult the “Help” functions in your browser to learn more about displaying mages.
6. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of third-parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to secure your personal information from accidental loss or theft and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
7.1 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our Website is hosted on Squarespace who provide us with a secure online e-commerce platform that allows us to provide our services to you
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We do not have access to your password and it will always remain encrypted. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and any other identifying information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and protect your information.
7.2 PAYMENT SERVICES
When you make payment on our Website your payment details are encrypted and transferred securely to our third-party payment service providers for immediate authorisation. This payment service is PCI DSS certified. Your payment details are not recorded or stored in our databases.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
8. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. YOUR CONSENT
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us.
10. YOUR OPTION
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you're an EEA user, you can:
• Access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
• Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
• Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates about your account. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
• Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
Updated: May 2018